Starting May 13 at 8am - 40+ Eligible to Book Vaccines Ontario Vaccine Booking Portal or call: 1-833-943-3900
As of Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., individuals with at-risk health conditions such as dementia, diabetes and sickle cell disease, as well as Group Two of people who cannot work from home including grocery store, restaurant and transportation workers will be eligible to book an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Most Recent Press Release: Vaccination Information
OPTION FOR AGES 40+: AstraZeneca Vaccinations available at 4 locations in Simcoe North
Pharmacies in Orillia and Midland are:
- Shoppers Drug Mart # 973 at 9186 Highway 93 in Midland
- Shoppers Durg Mart #971 at 149 Westmount Dr. N. in Orillia
- Arcade and Jory Guardian at 286 King St. in Midland
- Zehr's Pharmacy #580 at 289 Coldwater Rd. in Orillia
You can find the list of pharmacies offering the AstraZeneca vaccine and booking information here:
- English: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations
- French: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/emplacements-pour-la-vaccination
Statement from Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health:
COVID-19 RELATED WEB RESOURCES:
Ontario’s Vaccine Distribution Plan:
- English: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/getting-covid-19-vaccine-ontario
- French: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/fr/se-faire-vacciner-contre-la-covid-19-en-ontario
Information on booking an AstraZeneca vaccination appointment at a pharmacy (40+):
- English: ca/pharmacycovidvaccine
- French: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/fr/recevoir-un-vaccin-contre-la-covid-19
Ontario’s Online Booking System (Age Eligibility 60+):
- English: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine/
- French: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/rendezvous-vaccin/
Information on COVID-19 vaccines in Ontario:
- English: ca/COVIDvaccine
- French: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/fr/vaccins-contre-la-covid-19-en-ontario
What you should know
COVID-19 Vaccination Roles and Responsibilities:
Many of our residents have expressed interest in knowing how the vaccination distribution and administration process works. To help our residents better understand the process, we have provided the infographic below, which we sincerely hope will satisfy your curiosities.
The government released an Ethical Framework for COVID-19 vaccine distribution which was developed in partnership with the COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Task Force to guide further vaccine prioritization and distribution across the province.
We are continuing to vaccinate vulnerable populations and those who care for them through Phase One of our three-phase implementation plan as additional vaccines bebcome available.
Web Resource – Information on COVID-19 Vaccines: