Today, our government announced that more businesses and public spaces will reopen in Stage 3 of the province’s reopening framework with public health and workplace safety measures and restrictions in place, which includes Simcoe North.
As part of Stage 3 reopening, Ontario will be increasing gathering limits for those regions entering the next stage to the following:
- Indoor gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 50 people.
- Outdoor gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 100 people.
- Gathering limits are subject to physical distancing requirements.
Regions remaining in Stage 2 will maintain the existing gathering limit of 10 people. Social circles in all stages at this point will also be kept to a maximum of 10 people province-wide, regardless of stage.
The Chief Medical Officer of Health, public health experts and other officials have advised the following, high-risk places and activities are not yet safe to open, even if a region has entered Stage 3:
- Amusement parks and water parks
- Buffet-style food services
- Dancing at restaurants and bars, other than by performers hired by the establishment following specific requirements
- Overnight stays at camps for children
- Private karaoke rooms
- Prolonged or deliberate contact while playing sports
- Saunas, steam rooms, bath houses and oxygen bars
- Table games at casinos and gaming establishments.
For more information on the restrictions that will remain in place during Stage 3 and the public health guidance necessary to keep the people of Ontario safe, visit: Ontario.ca/reopen.