Following the best medical advice, with the clear support of both Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and on the advice of the local Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Charles Gardner, all elementary and secondary schools in Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit will open on Monday, February 8 for in-person learning. Nothing is more important than returning kids to school safely because it is crucial for their development, mental-health, and future success.
Minister Lecce and Dr. Williams announced the dates for the return of in-person learning in all remaining Ontario Public Health Units (PHUs). The decision was made following consultation with medical experts, including from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH), the unanimous recommendation of the Council of Medical Officers of Health, and with the support of local Medical Officers of Health.
The following PHUs will also return to in-person learning on Monday, February 8, 2021.
- Brant County Health Unit
- Chatham-Kent Public Health
- Durham Region Health Department
- Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
- Halton Region Public Health
- Huron Perth Public Health
- Lambton Public Health
- Niagara Region Public Health
- Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
- Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
- City of Hamilton Public Health Service
Schools in the following PHUs will return Tuesday February 16, 2021:
- Toronto Public Health
- Peel Public Health
- York Region Public Health