The health and safety of Ontarians is the governments top priority. Please find updates here that can help you keep up with the latest news/information.
Thank you for doing your part with social distancing and self isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
UPDATE as of March 24/20 at 5:20pm:
As of Monday, March 23 at 3pm:
- The government announced the first stage of our COVID-19 Emergency Relief Package with over $304 million committed to supporting the fight against COVID-19
- The government has taken the necessary steps to declare a State of Emergency. This is a decision that was not made lightly and as such are taking the steps necessary to protect you and your loved ones. All actions taken to date have been based on the advice of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. That includes but are not limited to: encouraging social distancing by requiring the closure of schools and daycares, requiring restaurants and bars to maintain delivery or drive-through services only and requiring the closure of recreational programs and theatres.
- Two pieces of legislation to provide job-protected leave for workers and families affected by COVID-19 have been passed and have ensured families can buy the essentials they need by enabling businesses to receive deliveries 24/7 to keep their shelves stocked.
- Resources have been deployed to the frontline and measures have been put into place that will reduce unnecessary visits to primary care facilities.
- Assisting the Most Vulnerable
- Assessment Tools
- Ontario Orders the Mandatory Closure of All Non-Essential Workplaces to Fight Spread of COVID-19