Simcoe North Specific COVID-19 Information COVID-19 Announcements Magna Techform (Penetanguishene) to Contribute to the Fight against COVID-19 April 9 Kubota Materials Canada (Orillia) Contributing to the Fight against COVID-19 - April 8 PPE Suppliers - Non Healthcare Equipment Vaccination Information
- Community Resources
- Monthly Newsletters
- Attend Virtual Events
Today, my colleague Minister Lecce, announced the government is further expanding eligibility for the targeted emergency child care program to additional workers who are performing critical roles across our economy and communities.
This expansion takes effect on January 27th, and is intended to support workers and their families with child care options at no cost in regions where elementary students continue to learn remotely.
New additions to the list of those eligible for Emergency Child Care:
- Individuals working in fuel distribution and oil refineries;
- Education staff who are required to report to work in person while their children continue with remote learning;
- Grocery store and pharmacy workers;
- Truck drivers;
- Farmers and those who support food or agricultural product supply chains;
- Individuals involved in the collecting, transporting, storing, processing, disposing or recycling of any type of waste; and
- Individuals working in the manufacturing and distribution of disinfectants and sanitizers.